Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wildlife Photography








































I started wildlife photography way back in 1990 with my tiger and wildlife studies. That time it was just my intrest to capture images of wild animals and birds on film. But, soon camera will turns as a research tool for me. Photographs help me to identify many species which I can't identify on the field. Then I started serious photography, for that I set on Machan ( watch tower) and in ground hides for hours. Some time I spent entire day for wildlife watching and photography in such uncomfortable places. That hard work rewarded me with some stunning and rare images of wildlife. Tadoba is a magnificient forest which provides me lots of opportunities of wildlife photography.
I not only took pictures in Tadoba. I regularly visits many well known Tiger reserves, National Parks and wildlife sanctuaries for my wildlife study and photography. I visited Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Pench, Melghat, Nagzira and offcorse Tadoba in Central India.Bharatpur, ,Corbett and Ranthambhore in North India. Gir National park, Velavadar and Little Runn of Kutch, Khijadiya Bird Sanctuary, Marine National Park in Western India. Daroji Sloth bear sanctuary, Ranebennur and Anamalai (Indira Gandhi National Park) in South India. Sunderbans tiger reserve, Kaziranga, Namdapha, Manas, Dibru-Saikhowa and Borajan sanctuary in North-East India.
Now I had a huge collection of Tiger, wild animals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies and insects images. I use my wildlife photography for public awareness in the form of wildlife photography exhibitions, publish in newspaper, magazines and books. I also conducted over 1000 slide shows all over the India. This will give me great satisfaction of wildlife conservation.
I also take the wildlife photographers in the forests like tadoba and all over India for best photography. My wildlife study and photogarphy skills will be help them to capture good images.
Anyone want to come for Tadoba or other Tiger reserve, contact me........

My Photography Equipments:-
Camera body :
Nikon D7000
Nikon D90

Lens :
Sigma APO 500mm F/4.5  DG EX HSM Telephoto prime Lens
Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
Nikkor 55-300mm VR
Nikkor 18-135mm
Tamron 75-300mm f/4-5.6

Tripod : 
Benro A-258 n6
With a Benro ball head

Flash : 
Nikon SB 600
For Macro: Marumi closeup lens kit 1+, 2+, 4+
Video Camera : SONY DCR-SR 47E
With 60X Optical Zoom and 60 GB HD
Sp. Note:- Click on photographs to see full screen size.
For more wildlife images, pls go to these links......
http://www.indianaturewatch.net/view_cat.php?tag=Atul%20Dhamankar
http://www.facebook.com/atul.dhamankar1?ref=tn_tnmn#

8 comments:

  1. Very good to see your blog. I have saved this in my favourites and will definitely visit regularly. Photos are excellent as usual! - Akshay Marathe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of your photos Atul. Would love to visit Taboda when i get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics Atul...and very informative check list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Collection of photos. If you want to visit sanctuaries in Maharashtra then visit maharashtraplanet.com. You will get all information regarding wildlife sanctuaries and other tourist places in Maharashtra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Approximately 200 bird species can be found around this Lake. Some of the bird species found here includes oriental honey, Indian pitta, white-eyed buzzard, orange-headed ground thrush, Indian roller, and flycatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Approximately 200 bird species can be found around this Lake. Some of the bird species found here includes oriental honey, Indian pitta, white-eyed buzzard, orange-headed ground thrush, Indian roller, and flycatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of birds. To spot tigers and other wildlife we offer tadoba jungle safari online booking.
    tadoba online safari booking

    ReplyDelete